In this tutorial, we will show you how to set up the X1800 or X1850 Prime mixer with OBS. Following these steps will allow you to use either mixer as your audio input source without the need for an additional USB audio interface.
- X1800 running firmware v1.5.0 or higher / X1850 running firmware v1.3.0 or higher
- X1800/50 Windows Driver (Windows only)
- Windows or macOS computer running OBS software
- USB cable
First, you'll want to ensure that your mixer is running the latest firmware version that includes 'Broadcast Mode'. This mode allows your computer to see the X1800/50 main output on USB audio channels 1 & 2.
This feature was added in versions v1.5.0 for the X1800 and v1.3.0 for the X1850.
Setup | Mixer
- Power on the mixer.
- Press and hold the Quantize/Utility button.
- From the Utility Menu, navigate to 6. Advanced Audio.
- From the Advanced Audio menu, navigate to 5. USB Audio.
- From the USB Audio menu, navigate to 5. Broadcast Mode.
- From the Broadcast Mode menu, turn the feature ON.
Note: DVS for channel 1 is disabled while Broadcast mode is active.
Setup | Computer (OBS)
- Connect your mixer to your computer via USB.
- Open OBS.
- From the Sources menu, click the plus symbol to add a new source.
- From the source list, choose Audio Input Capture.
- Next, name the input and choose either the X1800 or X1850 as your input device.
- That's it! You should now see meter movement on the OBS mixer when you play music from any channel on your X1800/50 Prime mixer.
Happy live streaming!